Meta Description Optimization
A Meta Description is a summary of a page's content. It is around 15 (more or less) characters and contains keywords that make the page searchable and easily visible to the public through the Search engines.
A meta description plays a big role in boosting up the rank of your page in the search engines. It has to have the right keywords to make it to the top results and it has to be interesting enough to get the reader's attention and get them to visit your page.
If you want to make sure that you have an appropriate meta description and would really help to pull up the page's rank but are not that confident if you do it manually, or you simply do not want to go through all the hassle, you can set it up within SEO Optimizer. This feature is called the AutoPilot.
AutoPilot automatically generates a meta description fitting for your page and makes sure all requirements are met. So you can just sit back and let the app do the work.
To enable AutoPilot for your meta description, follow these steps:
1. Launch the app and go to AutoPilot from the left navigation panel.
2. In the Meta Description Optimization section, toggle the Status button to the ON position to enable it.
3. Choose an option under Rules that you want to apply for the Meta Description. You can set it to let the app decide and generate the meta description, or you can set up a default description template that will be used automatically. In this example, let us choose Let the app decide.
4. Click Save to apply your changes.
5. Go back to the left navigation panel and click SEO Audits.
6. Click on a product on your list. In this example, let us choose white blouse.
7. Scroll down to Step 2. Set Google Preview section and check under Meta Description. The auto-generated meta description should now show as well as the preview.
If you need help, click Contact Us below.